Friday, August 28, 2009

BEWARE OF...Praying Mantis???

Some people have watch dogs, some people have alarm systems, but we have the best home protector of all...a praying mantis! Trevor told me last night that a praying mantis likes to live in my mom's wreath that hangs on the front door. I've never seen it so I didn't think too much of it until this morning when I was trying to lock the front door (it sticks sometimes). I was in a hurry so I decided I would just go back inside and leave through the garage...when out of nowhere I feel something jump on my chest. At first I thought it was a leaf from the wreath and then it moved! I freaked and threw it on the ground. I thought I hurt him, but I came home from work today to this...
Thankfully he is fine and protecting our home like a champ! I feel much safer knowing he is here being our silent-but-deadly guard and keeping predators away.
BEWARE!!!

3 comments:

Jared and Cami said...

That would be enough to keep me away from ANYTHING! Those things are CREEPY!

Neilson Family said...

Oh my gosh...I would have had a "come apart" if he would have jumped on me! I'm happy to know you now have a pet, though. That's one step closer to grandchildren!

Molly said...

Glad you found us...it will be a fun way to stay in touch!